Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Inspired by: Nerdy Apple Bottom (again)

I have previously blogged a response to this post by Nerdy Apple Bottom. I have followed her blog since that very famous viral post, and yet again she has me pondering big issues. This time she  posted about things she will not tolerate. I decided I should make a list of my own. While many of the items may be the same, or similar, I have a few others to add.


  1. Derogatory use of the following terms:
    • retard
    • faggot
    • gay
    • homo
  2. Disrespect to me, or anyone around me. 
  3. Soap Scum
  4. Mistreatment of a child, under any circumstances
  5. Stinky Leftovers
  6. Intolerance of religious differences
  7. Stray eyebrow hairs
  8. Bullying
  9. Razor burn
  10. Littering
  11. Socks with sandals
  12. Mistreatment or discrimination of individuals with mental health issues
  13. Sharing blankets with my husband - impossibly frustrating. 
  14. Being judged solely on one's past (myself, or anyone else)
  15. Showering alone (unless absolutely necessary)
  16. Domestic violence of any kind
  17. Deleting photos 
  18. Infidelity
  19. Water in my ears
  20. Unrealistic expectations
Oddly enough, John and I just watch a great movie about intolerance/tolerance last night called That's What I Am with Ed Harris playing a high school teacher. It was a really nice coming of age, feel-good flick. I might have shed a tear or two at the end, but that's not exactly tough to elicit from me. 

What's on your list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment