Friday, March 11, 2011

Poor neglected blog...

I have been away from the blog for a while. I'd like to say I have good reason, like life got super busy, but that's not really the case. Life is pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, it's busy. But it's not any busier than it was a few months ago. I just haven't felt like writing. I've been in a funk of sorts. I'm not sure how to explain it, because life has given us a ton of wonderful things in the past couple months.

January brought... well... not a whole lot. Lots of physical therapy appointments with Mom, which led to a lot of time to crochet. I have a blanket about half done at the moment, which I think is pretty impressive. Considering I've spent maybe 3-4 hours a week, I think I've put a pretty good dent in it. I'm a beginner, I'd imagine I'll get quicker with time.

February brought Dustin's 2nd birthday, Eva's birth (on the same day!) and Rose's birth. Lots of smiles, and happy tears in those first couple weeks of February. John went away for a week, starting Valentine's night. It was the first time I was really alone with Lucas. Actually, it might have been the first time I'd been alone since we got married. It was scary, I won't lie. I'm a baby and I don't like being home alone overnight. I stayed at my Mom's a couple nights. But I did much better than I thought I would. I thought I'd be very emotional about missing John. I missed him, but I didn't break down about it (which I did when he went to CA when we first moved in together). I was glad he was getting some time to enjoy himself, and do something for himself. He deserves that.

March has brought summer vacation plans. While the planning process has been less than smooth, and actually quite disappointing, I'm looking forward to a wonderful family vacation. I can't wait. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait until the summer! I'm also slightly concerned that someone else attending may have a lapse in judgement and post the dates we are going to be away. The whole family is going, and I don't want the internet world knowing that all of our houses will be empty. Hopefully everyone heeds the warning of my father in law. I think we will actually have someone staying at our house while we're away to care for the dog, so I don't need to be as nervous.

Lucas is... I don't even know how to describe him. He's perfect. He's hilarious. I'm really enjoying spending so much time with him. He's really into communicating now. He isn't talking much yet, aside from the words I've already posted, with a few new ones. But he is very persistent when it comes to getting his point across. He loves to sing and dance. He still loves skateboards. We are amazed how much he loves them. He has to step on one if he sees it. He's figured out how to balance on one, and he's attempting to push around a little, but that will come easier when we get him a skateboard of his own, in his size. His laugh is infectious. He has his favorite books, his favorite movies, his favorite shows, his favorite songs, his favorite toys... he has lots of favorites. He's just like his Daddy in so many ways. He's just like me in so many ways.

He has pooped on the potty once, about a month ago. He has shown no interest since. This may be TMI, but whatever. That's what the internet is for, right? Sharing too much... Since Lucas was able to move I have always gone to the bathroom with an open door policy. Lucas knows that the bathroom is private for others, but that it's ok to come in when Mommy's in there (for now. This will obviously change). Well, I've recently started being a little dramatic while going potty, so that he understand what I'm "doing". Well, the other day he came in while I was letting out a #2, so I turned on the dramatics. Grunts and "toddler poop face", the whole nine. Well, I'll tell you that it backfired. BIG TIME. I'll be damned if he didn't take a cue from me, and start pushing away. He did a massive poop right then and there. The point was that I would SEE him do this and put him on the potty and hoot and holler and celebrate when he finished the deed on the toilet. Well, that doesn't work out when I'm mid-poop when he decides to go. So now, he goes in the bathroom to poop. But still no interest in going ON the toilet. Oops - Mommy-fail.

Well hopefully I'll update more regularly again. I'm planning to take lots of photos now that the weather is warming up a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment