Friday, March 25, 2011

Word Association

So, I wrote about a year ago about how I deleted twitter. Well, in true addict form, I back on twitter. I'm not a very active tweeter, but I'm slowly morphing into one. Tonight I was scrolling through celebrity twitter accounts, and I came across the page for the Ting Tings, and immediately got a flash of pain in my baby- maker.


Why, you ask? Oh, well... Let me just tell you. I had my whole labor planned out. Perfect music to bring, blah blah blah, nice baby story baloney. Yeah, well. I went into labor at a town meeting, so all "plans" went out the window. So, by 2am, when I was finally officially admitted into the hospital, and in my "birthing room", I put on MTV and hunkered down for what I was told would be a long night/day of labor. I was told I was looking at a minimum of 12 more hours, probably more like 24.

Well, while watching 2+ hours of TV, with steadily strengthening contractions, and a sleeping husband across the room, I must have heard That's not my Name by The Ting Tings at least a hundred times. At least that's what it felt like to me. I vividly remember trying to wake up John around 5am when my contractions were really strong, and that song was on. I also remember that song being on when I finally got my epidural at 7:30am (after I started pushing, thanks to a "busy" anesthesiologist). I'd be lying if I said that video was on when Lucas was born, because I have no idea what was on. But nevertheless, every time I hear that song, see the band's name, or anything that reminds me of that video, I get lightening pain in my girl parts.

That song will forever remind me of that room, in that hospital, awaiting the birth of my beautiful boy, while in crazy pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment