Monday, June 28, 2010

Am I middle aged? Uh... not quite.

I often try to help John & Bob with skate park stuff, as much as I can. I'm not much help aside from maintaining the website, facebook, and lurking the internet for mentions of the park. Mostly I stay logged on a hardcore messageboard that is comprised mostly of teens & young 20somethings. I look for anything skate park related. While I'm only 26, I feel like a dinosaur when I poke around this messageboard.

Today there was a thread about middle-aged moms, and the things they do. It was pretty much a bunch of angst-ridden parasites bitching about things that their mommys do that piss them off. Oddly enough, I found that I am guilty of a lot of those things. I thought it would be fun to make a list...

1. Own a big ass SUV/minivan when you old have one kid
guilty, but I do nanny for 2 other kids, so i need room for 3 carseats
2. Get a triple bacon cheeseburger with supersize fries... and a diet coke.
guilty, but I honestly can't stand the taste of regular coca cola
3. Have their food sent back because a minor part of the order was wrong.
I've only done this a few times, but of course I would. I work hard for my money, I'm paying for a service. I expect to get what I'm paying for
4. Attend avon/pampered chef parties
Well of course. The few products I've purchased, I've loved. And there's always free food!
5.have like 40,000 reusable grocery bags, and carry them everywhere.
Yep I do. I keep Lucas' laundry in them. Anytime I need a bag, i use them.
6. get their kids names tattooed on them, usually on their ankle or somewhere stupid
Not guilty yet. But once I've ahd all my kids, I plan to have a large piece somewhere, that will be created with them in mind. Shoot me. Being pregnant is no cake walk. Child birth is no picnic. I've earned the right to show my affection in whatever way I choose. Thanks.
7.use insane amount of coupons at the grocery store and hold up the line for 15 minutes
Wait until you have to work for a living. And feed others. You will inconvenience the Dali Lama if it means you'll have a healthy happy family
8. they talk during movies and gasp at scary or violent parts.
This infuriates John. I don't know why I do it.
9. Refer to their friends as "girlfriends"
No real explanation. Just do
10. Wear "shants" during the summer on the reg.
It's hot out. my legs are not really in shape for shorts. this is the best option
11. Listen to terrible top 25 radio stations
12. Run the gamut of reality TV competitions.

To think... about 10 years ago I was totally on this message board, as a teen full of angst and would have been arguing about how ridiculous all these things are. And now I do them all, and can justify most of it. I'm not embarrassed. I just find it funny how my world comes full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment