Thursday, July 7, 2011

Drive-In

We took Lucas on a last minute trip to the drive-in last night. I was "so-so" about the whole idea. Really nervous. I was nervous about the bugs. I was nervous that he would meltdown and we'd have to pack up & go home and be embarrassed. We had a few friends, who don't have kids, coming with us and I'm always self conscious about being a burden since we're the ones with a kid in tow. Now, our friends would never mind, but I put all that pressure on myself. Stupid, I know.

But I worried for no reason. The bugs were fine, bug spray did it's job. Lucas played and played from 7pm until the movie started at 8:45. We had glow wands, and a beach ball, coloring books, crayons, bubbles, snacks. Basically, I packed everything but the kitchen sink to keep him occupied. When the movie started, Lucas & I climbed in the van, with our pillows and blankets and snuggled down. John & friends were sitting on the van seats on the ground. It worked out great. Lucas and I snuggled and he eventually fell asleep. I did too.

Of course we did not pick an age appropriate movie, but he didn't watch it anyway. We went for the experience. We went to see if we could. It was a lot of fun. I hope we get to go again, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment