Thursday, September 2, 2010

I have been reading a ton this summer. I'm not going to lie, since college, I haven't done much reading. In college I read books to "impress" people. So fucking stupid. So dumb. I was so concerned with what people thought about what I was reading. Then I just stopped reading altogether.
Then the Twilight Saga entered my life. And yes I realize how cliche it is. A mid-twenties MOTHER reading young adult fiction, but you know what? Screw your logic. Those books got me through my pregnancy. And I enjoyed them. Maybe they aren't literary genius, but I'll be damned if they weren't entertaining.
At any rate, just this summer I have read the following books:
-Mothers and Other Liars
-The Castaways
-A Summer Affair
-Summer People
-The Island
-Remember Me?
-Barefoot
-On the Road
-Blink

I'm currently reading The Lovely Bones. Now, I realize that this list isn't huge, or staggering. However, for me this list is enormous. I have read 3 of those books just this week. I just can't seem to get enough of reading lately. It's nice to read purely for entertainment. Not to impress. Not to keep up. For no other reason but to enjoy a story.

I am going to use the bookshelf thing on facebook to make a list of books that I still want to read. That will help me from getting overwhelmed and frustrated in the bookstore or library.



No comments:

Post a Comment