Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Life always has a funny way of "slapping me back to reality". I put that in quotes because it's lyrics to a song that did exactly that. I was driving down the street, feeling sorry for myself, as I like to do. Typical "Oh boo hoo, my life is hard, blah". And then I hit a button in the new minivan, and I didnt realize it. It was the "mode" button on the stearing wheel, which turned the CD player on. I wasn't paying attention until this song came on. At which point I realized it was No Shit's no recordings. I had heard them before, a couple times, but hadn't really paid much attention. For some reason this song hit me especially hard. I have everything I need. I have everything I could ask for right now. Why the hell am I wasting time worrying about how "hard" life is. WHat am I? Retarded? Life isn't a cake walk. It's never going to be. But do I have a bad life? NOT EVEN CLOSE. My life is just about as good as I could ever hope. I have good friends, a good job, a wonderful husband, and perfect baby boy. I own a home, I own a vehicle, I kinda own a business (i run it, anyway lol), I have 3 pets, who are adorable. I have a great family, who is nothing but supportive. What the hell else could I want?
I need to pull myself out of this funk. Already time to re-read that little note to myself? Am I going to be one of those girls with a mantra on my mirror? I hope not.
Boo Hoo Negative Nancy. Pull your head out of your ass, and appreciate what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment