Thursday, February 11, 2010

I woke up super early this morning to get ready to go snowboarding with John. I felt terrible, however, when I got a text from Heather saying that she and her bf were going through a rough time, and possibly broke up. I wanted to drop everything and go hang out with her, and help her feel better. I remember how I felt when I got broken up with before i started dating John and all I wanted was a girl friend to help take my mind off of things. Unfortunately, I didn't really have anyone to fill that role for me. I had to rely on a few guy friends (who did a wonderful job), and it wasn't the same.
Then I saw John's face. He was so excited to share this new experience with me. And we'd been so disconnected lately. I knew that we needed this short trip. We haven't spent much time together, and I don't want us to lose touch. Marriage is a lot of work, and I haven't been putting in enough hours lately.
I felt guilty (and still do), but i went. And it was just what we needed. We had a blast. We were hysterically laughing. Neither of us lost our patience. There wasn't a single tense moment. It was perfect. We had so much fun. My tailbone would tell you a different story, but whatever. I'm so glad we went. I can't wait to go again.
Tomorrow is a busy day, but I'm ready for it! Lucas' doctor's appointment in the morning, my hair appointment, and then home to hang out with Heather for the evening. Girls' night, and lots of fun will be had. I'm looking forward to getting some good food too, I hope she's into that idea. I'm hungry thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment