Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Treats & Yums 10/10/12

A new weekly recipe post? Ok!

I have to honest. I don't cook as often as I should, but when I do I feel so accomplished. Lucas LOVES to help me bake. Or cook anything that requires "mixing". He yells "mix, mix, mama! I do mix mix!" It's pretty adorable.

Tonight was not one of those nights. And I forgot to take photos, but that's ok. I will put the recipe here and add photos to next week's creation.

Tonight for dinner we had:
Eggplant Parmigiana - easiest thing ever!
You will need:
9x12 pan (I use Pyrex)
Large frying pan (I use a jumbo cooker)
1 jar of tomato sauce (I use Francesco Rinaldi, cheap and delicious!)
1 medium eggplant (or whatever size will feed your family)
2-3 eggs (beaten)
Flour
Bread crumbs (Italian seasoned, or you can add seasoning to plain bread crumbs)
Oil to fry in (I use as little as I can get away with)
1 tbsp. minced garlic
Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese
  • Preheat oven to 350 ° F. 
  • I usually let the garlic sauté, on low, in the oil while I cut & bread the eggplant
  • Cut eggplant into 1/2" slices. If you cut it too thick, it won't cook properly.
  • Coat in flour, dip in egg & then coat with bread crumbs.
  • Fry eggplant slices on each side until golden brown, don't let oil get too hot, it will burn!  (usually takes about 2-3 mins on each side)
  • Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of your Pyrex pan
  • Put eggplant in pan, overlapping each other.
  • Place a piece of mozzarella on each slice of eggplant
  • Top with remainder of jar of sauce
  • Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
  • Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, until eggplant is soft when poke with a fork
I always serve this over pasta. Tonight we tried Ronzoni's Garden Delight fettuccine, and it was delicious. It made about 6 adult servings, assuming each adult eats 2 slices of eggplant. It was delicious. 

This has always been a go-to meal for me when I only have about 45 minutes to prepare something. Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment