Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Fashion" Challenge

I have issued myself a "fashion" challenge this summer: a dress/skirt everyday.

To any other girl. this would be an easy feat. For me, it will not be so easy. I wear dresses only on dressy occasions, such as holidays or events. I own less than 10 dresses, and about half of those are too formal for everyday way. That gives me about 4-5 dresses that I can actually pull off.

  1. Brown maxi dress, full length
  2. Elle dress, cotton, purple floral - just bought for easter/christening
  3. purple/black Elle dress, strapless - bought for christmas
  4. Yellow sun dress from my sister - pretty boring, really
  5. black and purple/blue/etc dress - bought last summer
I'm just now realizing that I have a lot of purple. Weird, purple is not one of my favorite colors. Anyway, my plan is to start hitting up thrift/consignment shops asap. I'd like to have at least 10-15 dresses that I can rotate through the summer. Ideally these will be summery, casual, sun dresses. 

I've fallen into a habit, over the years, of throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I don't dress for fashion reasons, or to feel good about myself, I dress for comfort, practicality, and ease. I feel yucky about it. I want to put out the best version of myself.

So, stay tuned for a progress report. I'm hoping to post a photo or two along the way, but I'm not a big fan of pictures of myself. Lame, I know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment