Monday, January 17, 2011

Growing & growing...

I am taken back by the amount of words that Lucas has decided to start saying... I need to make another list, just so I can chronicle this for myself.

Mamma, Dadda, Doggie, Kitty, Puppy, Hat, Hot, Ball, Hoop, Bowl, More, Milk, Please, Cracker, Shoes, Socks, Boots, Choo-Choo, Car, Go, Stop, Yes, No, Thank you, Daddy, Meme, Nana, Nono, Pa, Bob, Shhhh, Cheese, Bar, Baby, Jump, Hi, Bye, Night Night, Nice, Bad, Tissue, Poop, All done...

I'm sure that there are many more, but I'm so impressed. I know this is developmentally right on target, and it's not like he's a genius or anything, but the amount of pride I feel is amazing. I could burst.

I was also thinking a lot about Lucas' growth while eating dinner today. It's amazing how much learning is done just by mimicking. I never "taught" him (in the literal sense of the word) how to use a fork, or a cup, or how to hold a crayon or paintbrush, but he picked them both up so fast from watching us. I wonder how many other things he'll learn this way. He's learned how to step on a skateboard, and push (with an adult hand), how to experiment with Daddy's guitar, how to "type", how to use a phone, how to text, how to brush his hair and his teeth, how to blow his nose and wipe his face, all by seeing us do it. It's amazing. Unbelievable.

In a year's time, he's gone from JUST turning over to full out running. From kicking and cooing to yelling and climbing. He marches, and sings, and dances and tells stories. He laughs, and he cries. He listens as I read picture books to him, and he interacts with the story. He plays with the pets, he has chosen his lovies. He loves the water, he loves the snow. He plays hockey, and basketball, and bowling. He picks up a camera and yells "CHEEESE" with a big goofy grin. He lets us know when he's "all done" or if he needs "more milk please" (which actually sounds like mooo-ah mick peash). This kid's smiles stops my heart. Every time. I love him with every ounce of my being, even when he's a mischievous little bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment