Sunday, November 27, 2011

Things I learned on date night...

Saturday night was my husband's 10 year high school reunion. I spent months worrying about it, and then on Monday night he decided he didn't want to go. I was both disappointed and relieved. But most of all, I was concerned about what the hell we were going to do. We'd already booked a babysitter, my younger cousin, who we plan to ask to be a regular sitter once a month so we can go out. Cancelling was not an option. It was the first time we asked her, and I didn't want to go changing things on her.

So we decided to "wing" it. This is not a concept that I'm comfortable with, but I decided to just stop being a whiny baby. Here's what I learned:


  • I love small intimate Italian restaurants, except when a friend is having a date 3 feet away from us. Then I feel like I'm spying. 
  • I dress too conservatively for dance clubs, apparently. 
  • Clubs I used to frequent have changed quite a bit.
  • Dubstep is not for me, but I really am glad I experienced it. 
  • Jersey Shore style clubs are not my style either, but holy moly are they entertaining.
  • Researching a night out is not always the best way.
  • My husband is, and always will be, my favorite dance partner. 
  • Hanging out with people that are 5 years younger than you really makes you feel your age.
  • I saw more vaginae last night than I ever have in my life.
  • Apparently the plural for of vagina is vaginae. (pronounce vuh-ji-NEE) You're welcome. 
  • I don't need a drink in hand, or to be drunk, to dance anymore. I'm over the insecurity hump. 
  • Driving home with a bunch of drunk friends in the minivan (we had a designated driver, always!) is often more fun then the actual outing.
Tonight is all about snuggling a little boy that missed me last night. I missed him too, but I really needed a good night out dancing the night away with his Daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment